Tuesday, July 5, 2011

RJ

I know it isn't a special date in RJ's life... but I feel like I need to write a post dedicated to him!!

He is making me stare in aww! Dear RJ,

I want to start with the potty training front. Starting cold turkey, no warning... I just decided it was time! So far you have potty trained so easily... I'm not sure how this is happening, but you went from naked the whole first week and only one accident the whole time to starting on Monday wearing underpants and starting to go pee-pee on command. (Last week you were unable to go on command). You have gone both pee and poop on your Elmo potty. You now go without telling me you have too, although you still like me to see the product! I am so proud of you! RJ, you have been less wet after waking up in the mornings, I am thinking you are only going when you are sleeping. After nap you have been only damp or dry. I am just so proud of you!!

On another note... RJ, you are now consistently calling me when you wake up in the morning and after nap. It is not screaming and shaking your crib anymore (thank goodness). "Momma... where are you?" is the calling I get! I will take it!!

RJ, you really enjoy balls right now. It is neat to see where your development is right now! Every ball is called a baseball. A baseball is a baseball. A soccer ball is a baseball, a golf ball is a baseball... you get the point! I can't wait to see this skill develop into your larger vocabulary.

Although you are still getting speech therapy and I feel that it is slowly helping... I saw a big jump and now I feel as if you have plateaued... I also know you are harder to understand because your vocabulary is expanding, but it is tough for me... especially after listening to other kiddos your age (like Zandi and even Felicity... younger) talking in complete CLEARLY understandable sentences... but I have hope!!

RJ you are also able to sing along to the ABC alphabet song, and are starting to sing to other songs as well. They are unintelligible, but you have the right intonation and rhythm. I am sure once you start talking you will never be quiet!! :) At this point I can't wait for that!! I can't wait for you to tell me everything you know!!

I love you Bubba... you always bring surprises to my day!

No comments: