Sunday, July 24, 2011

Mother-Daughter Day PLUS Phillies = Perfect!

Phillies game today with Morgan! Grandmom came over and watched RJ while Morgan and I headed into the city for her first 'real' game (she went to a preseason game, but it just isn't the same!)

We got down to the city with no delays and it was an easy drive! We went to McFadden's and of course with her given choices she picked the salad... I on the other hand got the cheese fries. (Just for the record, she did share some of my fries and I did eat some of her salad!!)
"But I'm HUNGRY Momma!"
FOOD!
After our lunch we headed into the ballpark. She had a really good time! She used Daddy's noculars (binoculars) to watch the Phillies bat when they were at the plate. She thinks I actually know them! "Who is your next friend batting?" Love her! It was hot, but we had a little bit of a breeze and we are in the shade so we had it perfect!

Morgan watched the entire game and in the bottom of the 7th spotted someone with ice cream. Guess what she wanted? Yup, ice cream. We went and got some for her... of course after ten bites she was done, but she was so well behaved I couldn't say no to her!!

The Phillies won! Yea Phillies!! 5-3. Then we began our journey home. It took over 20 minutes to get from the stadium onto 76. Once we got on 76 it was VERY slow moving, but at least we were moving!! I am not comfortable with going on 95 so I had no other choice but 76. But, like I said... once were on the Schuylkill the ride was slow, but tolerable... just getting onto 76 was a KILLER!!! (Lots of rude drivers!!!!!!!)

Fun day!! I am glad Morgan could join me at the game, we had a great time!!

p.s. Morgan was very happy to see the Phanatic in green! At the preseason game he was red for paint the town red! He came out several times and she liked watching him pretend to surf, to shake his belly, and to put his shirt over someones head!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Love the pictures!!! I think the picture that is the best is the one with her eyebrows crooked, and her mouth twisted...LOVE IT!