Wednesday, May 11, 2011

God and dogs

(Pictures from the archives)
Morgan randomly brought up a question about Noel (MeMom and Pop Pop's elderly dog) going to be with God. I told her soon Noel might go and be with God. She said she would be very sad and Lucky (other dog) would be very sad and all by herself. She said she hoped MeMom would get another dog to keep Lucky company. Then she went on to comment... "Why does Noel have to be with God. I want her to stay with MeMom." I had to give a brief explanation of how Noel would still be with us, but she would look down at us and she would be keeping God company. Many more questions perused... with Lucky be with God too... will our dogs be with God too... I don't want any dogs to be with God... Polar Bear (Nana's dog) is already with God, will Noel get to see Polar Bear? It was so sad to try and explain in four-year-old verbiage why dogs must go and be with God. She eventually understood, for now. Maybe the next time she asks I will be more prepared!

On a lighter note... she was modeling her braided hair curls for me... too cute!

1 comment:

Megan said...

This makes me sad too! That's a really tough concept for a four year old to understand!! Good job dealing with it...and CUTE pictures!