Monday, August 27, 2012

After the first...day of KINDERGARTEN!

Of course after school the weather was just beautiful!
We got the 'before' school pictures after school...
hey, whatever... it is the memories that count!



I LOVE the big hugs that are exchanged between Morgan and RJ!

Morgan was so excited to go to school.  She couldn't wait to go on the school bus!  She has been counting down the days until she could ride the bus!  She was disappointed she couldn't walk up to the bus stop but I told here there would be plenty of other days!  (We walked home!!) 

She got up this morning with no problems... she had a huge smile on her face.  She went through the morning routine by getting dressed, making her bed, teeth, breakfast, help pick what she wanted for lunch, getting hair brushed and put into pig tails, then off we went!  We patiently waited for the bus in our car while it rained.  We made a quick call to Aunt Meggie and to Pop Pop to pass the exciting time!!

then... the BUS!!  To Morgan I think the bus was clad in gold and shining and sparkling through the pouring rain!!  I tried to snap some photos as Daddy walked her to the bus.  I was happy to see the bus coming south on Allentown road so that she didn't have to cross traffic.  That made me feel better about getting on the bus on the busy road.  It appeared Morgan was the first one on the bus this morning.  (Quakertown Christian is the only school going this week)  Next week she will have a few neighborhood kiddos with her that go to Catholic school and one other private school.

It was so fast!  She jumped out of the car, ran to the bus, climbed on, sat down, and off they went!  There was no time for me to even think!!  I think I got sad when I drove back to the house without her.  Sappy Momma, I know... but I just CAN.NOT.BELIEVE she is a kindergartner!!!!!

When she got home she was so happy with a smile ear to ear!  She loved school!  She had a lot of fun!  She told me bits and pieces about her day.  She told me she couldn't eat everything in her lunch because there wasn't enough time.  (Yup... my slow eater plus talking with friends = not finishing all your food)  Aunt Meggie and Aunt Melanie called to see how Morgan's first day went.  Go Aunts!!  Pop Pop came over later for supper and Morgan shared some of her day with him.  MeMom called after supper but Morgan was already outside playing with the neighborhood kiddos...

Overall, I think Morgan had a fabulous day!!  She loved school!  She has friends already in her class!  She loves her teacher so far!!  She loved the bus ride!!  She had Library and Art at school and loved both of those!  We are off to an amazing start!  I am so excited!  I love my baby girl so much and now she is a school age kiddo!  Wow!  Here's to another great 12 first days of school throughout the rest of your years!!

No comments: