Sunday, August 26, 2012

GO PHILLIES!!!

Today was an awesome day!!  Phillies + kiddos = perfect!  (We did miss Daddy, but he had to work.)

Morgan, RJ, and I went to the Phillies game together!!  Just the kiddos and I (and lots of fingers crossed that everything from traffic to behavior went smoothly)!!  We left home around 11am and had smooth sailing down to the park.  I don't like the craziness of trying to park, but we made it got to our spot and walked up to the stadium.  The lady who scanned our tickets made it very clear that RJ needed a ticket... only 2 and under get in for free.  Oh... sorry!  She gave me a bit of attitude, but did let us all in.  (Whew!)  We started out in the Phun Zone!  There was no wait to get in and the kiddos spent almost an hour running around and playing.  My plan = let kiddos run around and make them tired!  Hehehe.  They were definitely hot and sweaty when they were finished (oh... and oh so hungry!)









 After playing we got in line to get their faces painted.  The actual service was free but of course I tipped the gal.  We went and got RJ his first game certificate and then headed to our seats.

 On the way to our seats we grabbed a soft pretzel for each of them.  Overall they both did amazingly well!!  So much better than I thought RJ would do!  Of course Morgan did fantastic too!  They ate: almost all of (their own) soft pretzels, almost a whole bottle of orange soda (each), chocolate chip cookies, twizzlers, ring pops, peppermint patties, combos... and I might have missed something...  In the 8th inning I finally gave in and bought them a water ice to share.  They each had maybe 5 bites and were both full.   Hmmm... I wonder why?!  Our way home really wasn't horrible either... it only took maybe 10 minutes more than usual to get home!  What a wonderful and fun way to spend our last day of summer all together!  Oh... ps... Phillies WON and Cliff Lee finally got a home win!  Yea!!!


No comments: