Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mixed snow day feelings!

I LOVE snow!! I love playing in it, watching it fall, drinking hot cocoa by the fire, and even shoveling!!

I can even handle the fact that our snow day from school means another day added to the end of the year...

But I H.A.T.E. the fact that the CHOP ENT appointments for Morgan and RJ were cancelled. Urgh. Bob called yesterday to see what the facts were for today and he was told point blank that they never close and try very hard to stay open...

Got my "school's closed" call at ten after five this morning, then got my "we need to reschedule" appointment around 6:30 this morning. Now we need to wait ANOTHER week. They rescheduled for next Thursday at noon. Great... noon... Bob is working, Morgan has school in the morning and I have to work. I guess I will attempt to take a half day, and leave a bit earlier (if I get into school a bit earlier) to race back home to pick up the kids and race back to New Britain for our appointment. I better REALLY like this new doctor or the fangs may come out!!

We did have a nice day together! Morgan helped me make scones in the morning for breakfast, chocolate chip, yum! We stayed in our PJ's all day!! Perfect snow day! We had grilled cheese for lunch and then suited up to go out and play in the snow! (Did I mention Daddy was out 'plowing' from 7:30 until NOON...guess he was having fun!) RJ wasn't really happy, but wasn't really upset to be out in the snow... he just let us know his mitten came off every five seconds! He also got a little stuck in the snow which did not make him happy!

Morgan and I built a snowman together.
(One face facing our window, one face facing the street)
After we came in we had warm milk and naps for the kids. I worked on more wash and Daddy cleaned up the kitchen. For supper we had a crock pot beef stew that had been stewing all day and ended the day with some American Idol.

Nice day off! I could REALLY get used to having a day off a week!

No comments: