Saturday, April 17, 2010

Garden



We have officially decided to create a garden this year! First we had to decide where to put the garden. How big should the garden be? What should be plant? We have been talking about what seeds we are going to buy versus what plants we are going to buy. As we have been talking about creating a garden Morgan has been getting excited to help us!

Morgan said she wanted to plant watermelon and strawberries.

Then she asked me what I wanted to plant.

I responded tomatoes.

Morgan said, "Ok, Momma. Daddy, what do you want to plant?"

Daddy answered corn.

Morgan said, "Daddy you can't plant corn, corn doesn't have seeds."

Daddy, "Oh, I want to plant eggplant and cucumbers.

Morgan asked, "Momma, does eggplant have seeds?"

Yes Morgan.

"Ok Daddy, you can plant cucumber and eggplant because they both have seeds."

I am getting excited to start our garden! I am hoping some of the veggies/fruits we plant will grow and overall save us some money!

Daddy is doing the hard part this weekend. He is going to start rototilling and adding organic 'stuff' to the soil. I can't wait to see it when I get home from class!

No comments: