Friday, April 20, 2012

Morgan's accident.

SHE IS FINE!! I am not sharing anything Life Threatening

I didn't write about her accident a few weeks ago, because I figured I would cover it when the 'situation' was complete. It is complete.

...back tracking... Three or so weeks ago Morgan was in the basement playing around in my workout area. I warned her to be careful and she said, "I will Momma." No sooner did she say that she started crying and screaming. What did she do? She dropped an eight pound dumbbell on her middle finger, smack on the nail. I am envisioning her middle finger getting sandwiched onto the ground. She cried a lot and I immediately looked at her finger and after making sure she didn't break it told her, your nail will probably fall off. She didn't really believe me and I wasn't sure I was telling the truth... I was just guessing... maybe so I wouldn't be shocked myself if something like that happened...

...fast forward to the last few days... her nail has started coming off... actually for the last week or so. Tonight her nail was literally only hanging on my one little piece of skin. I have been playing with her nail trying to loosen it a little bit at a time, but she quickly grows tired of that 'game.' Tonight I told her not to look, watch the Flyers... and she would look at her finger and I would tell her to look away. It became a game to her... with lots of giggles. I secured the edge of her finger with my thumb nail where the one little attachment to her finger was and in one quick yank pulled off her nail. Morgan was still giggling and when I showed her the nail now held between my fingers she giggled some more and said that it tickled! She was so excited she made several phone calls to share the 'good' news! My good news is that her new nail has already started to grow! Whew! I am very glad another nail is growing, that would have been my worst fear... learning how to paint a finger because the nail never grew back...
Brave little girl that learned her lesson!

No comments: