Monday, February 8, 2010

Sleeping Angel

RJ has been having a rough couple months! Back right before Christmas he got a double ear infection... then the end of January he got another ear infection! He has been teething with lots of drool since before Christmas too! He has had a cold off and on for the last two months too! This morning he woke up with a completely swollen shut right eye! There was no goo or crusty residue, it was just swollen shut and no matter how hard he tried he could not get that eye to open! Poor kiddo! I took the kiddos to MeMom's and she said that she thought I should really take him to the doctor. Urgh... yet another day off of school. I ended up taking a half day and MeMom took the kiddos swimming in the AM. I met them at the gym to help MeMom get everyone undressed and back into 'street' clothes. I scooped RJ up and took him to the doctor AGAIN. Got to see the doctor and the verdict? The doctor guessed it was a bug bite! A little old bug bite! Hmmm... we were at a Superbowl Party the night before, bugs? In the middle of winter? Crazy!! The doctor explained that because the swelling was going down a little as the day continued it wasn't some big term that I forget... but anyway... if it was a treatable issue then his eye would have been getting worse... Sorry RJ... you just got a bug bite, no meds for that!

I brought him back to MeMom's waited a couple hours and then left my babies again to head to graduate class (to make up a class we missed). Today is going to be a long day... I just pray that we get out earlier rather than later tonight!!

No comments: