Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th of July Celebration!

Happy 4th of July!

Today we worked on cleaning up the house... I have done (NO LIE) probably 20 loads of wash... hence clothes remain everywhere in piles!  We want to tidy up a little bit because I feel like we are living in shambles right now! 

After the kiddos took a nap, (Morgan 3.5 hours!! when I had to wake her!!) we headed to Auntie Nikki and Uncle Bobby's house.  NOW... you need to understand I DID bring swimsuits for my kiddos but they never asked!  They followed Felicity's lead and got into her bathing suits to play with water balloons.  If this picture doesn't make you laugh...  My goodness, I love my boy!  (Blackmail in the future?  Tehehehe)



We stayed at the Rounay's house for about two hours before heading back home where our neighbors asked us for an ice cream party!  We all enjoyed a nice cold treat and playing for another couple hours!  After ice cream and playing in the house, it was time for the sprinkler play.  The kiddos got soaked, but hey, all in good fun!  They were having a BLAST!


 We ran home and changed into (DRY) PJs and headed out the the fireworks.  They were pretty, but unfortunately their was a little malfunction and the finale didn't happen... until... we waited like 15 minutes and then it went off.  Nice to know the inside scoop from Mr. Cop :)


 The 4th of July served us well!  Hope to have many more fond memories!  ...and maybe one of these years Daddy will have off!

No comments: